Achievement Unlocked: Finished Insanity: The Asylum
On one hand it was kind of sad during this morning's workout. Today was my 30-day fitness assessment for Insanity: The Asylum (affiliate link). Shaun T. I'm going to miss
tripping through the agility ladder, repeatedly smacking my feet with a plastic rope , and really pushing so hard I almost throw up .
But on the other hand it's a tremendous relief to be able to say I made it! Insanity: The Asylum is such an intense and difficult program despite it only being 30 days. Believe me when I say this, if it were any longer nobody would be able to do it.
Asylum starts and ends with a fitness assessment to see how far you've progressed after 30 days. Anyway, here's a comparison of my beginning and ending fitness assessments:
- Agility Heisman: start: 9.5, end: 9
- In/Out Ab Progression: start: 39, end: 44
- Pullups: start: 13, end: 16
- Mountain Climber Switch Kicks: start: 70, end: 83
- Agility Shoulder Taps: start: 5.5, end: 6
- X Jumps: start: 28, end: 33
- Moving Pushup: start: 3, end: 4.25
- Agility Ladder Shuffle: start: 15.5, end: 18.5
- Agility Bear Crawl: start: 9.5, end: 11
Note: Each move had a 1-minute time limit and the goal was to get as many reps as possible during that minute.
While I'm happy with my overall results I just can't help but feel I could have done better. Next time Shaun T., you and I are going to have words and those numbers are going to be way different. Believe that.
Now I'm going to submit my story and get a free Insanity: The Asylum t-shirt.